Monday, November 10, 2008

Invicta Corduba Oversized


I wanted a BIG watch and this doesn't disappoint at some 52 MM. It's big. I have worn it casually and with suits to work -- a touch tight with some shirt cuffs under sport coats. First and foremost, I like the watch. The pale yellow face and black offer a nice contrast. I'm wondering if white would have been better -- not sure how I'm going to feel about that yellow in 6 months. The lines marking the minutes also give the face a bit of a busy appearance... even on something with so much real estate across the face believe it or not. Where I was most skeptical was the operation of the watch. I am very satisfied and happy about how precise the movement appears to be, including the chrono function. Very nice weight to the watch to give a sense of solidness. With the sale Amazon was running on this watch, and a $50 gift certificate, I bought this with the mindset of it being disposable after 3 months if it was garbage. I now have reason to believe this watch will be a very solid performer for a few years and maybe longer and a unique addition to my watch collection. Still would not pay $495 list for it, but if you can get at <$150 or so, I think there may be real value here. Maybe great value. This brand is new to me. Browse for Invicta Corduba Watches on watchestopia.com

0 comments: